Sylvan Dell Publishing Celebrates Children’s Book Week
Mt Pleasant, SC (April 23, 2013)-It’s all about reading! For Children’s Book Week Sylvan Dell Publishing and their authors are delighted to share the love of a good book with children. Not only will several authors be participating in events at bookstores, libraries and schools in their communities, but the publisher will also offer free access to new favorites at www.sylvandellpublishing.com. For tablet readers all of Sylvan Dell’s enhanced eBooks will be 99 cents on the Kindle and iBooks stores from May 12th through the 18th. (might I add that those with Nook Tablets can now download the Amazon Kindle app from Google Play Store and enjoy all the books!)
To spark a love of reading and an appreciation for science and the natural world around us is the foundation on which Sylvan Dell was built. Each of the authors has an interest in sharing this love with children; meet one of these dedicated authors in your city.
- See Janet Halfmann author of Home in the Cave, Little Skink’s Tail and Fur and Feathers at the Women’s Club of Wisconsin on May 14th at 6:00 pm and the South Milwaukee Public Library on May 15th at 6:00 pm for story time and signing.
- Marianne Berkes author of Animalogy and The Tree that Bear Climbed will celebrate Children’s Book Week at Woodward Elementary School on May 15th.
- Terry Catasús Jennings will be signing Gopher to the Rescue on May 15th at Powell’s Bookstore in Portland, Oregon. Then she will be presenting at the Mount Saint Helen’s Institute on May 16th and at the Mount Saint Helen’s Coldwater Science & Learning Center on the 18th with a signing at Johnston Ridge Gift Shop later that day.
- Scotti Cohn author of On the Move: Mass Migrations, Big Cat, Little Kitty and One Wolf Howls will be presenting and signing at the Blue Ridge Bookfest in Flat Rock, North Carolina on May 17th & 18th.
- At the Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver, Colorado Phyllis Perry author of Pandas’ Earthquake Escape will be part of a Book Week presentation at 7:00 pm on May 18th.
- Illustrator of Count Down to Fall, Deep in the Desert and The Best Nest, Sherry Neidigh will be presenting at Malprops Bookstore on May 18th in Ashville, North Carolina.
- Ann Downer author of Shark Baby will be presenting an ocean themed event at Books on the Square in Providence Rhode Island on May 18th.
During Children’s Book Week Sylvan Dell will be hosting contests, giveaways and free fun activities. The Sylvan Dell blog, Facebook page and @sylvandell on twitter will be dedicated to Children’s Book Week events beginning in May, get involved and win! For a complete listing of events or any of the authors please visit www.sylvandellpublishing.com.
About Sylvan Dell Publishing
Sylvan Dell is on a mission to improve child literacy with science and math through fictional picture books. Using prose and pictures, children are delighted with stories of their favorite animals, planets, or even place. This leads to the exploration of facts and learning activities in each book’s For Creative Minds pages. Sylvan Dell carefully designs each book to portray accurately the chosen subject. Vetted by experts in that field, and aligned to common core and state standards; each book is a unique asset to educational programs. Sylvan Dell has grown to include more than 80 authors and illustrators, and honored to have won more than 70 book awards since its inception in 2005.